Guidance Programme Facilitator
Mosaik Education supports refugees to access higher education through academic guidance and skills programmes that are designed with and for the refugee community. Only 5 per cent of refugees have access to higher education, compared to 40 per cent of youth globally. Limited access to tertiary education opportunities limits youth’s potential to become self-reliant, integrate and contribute to their host communities, and help reconstruct their home country when and if they return.
About the Guidance Programme
Through the Guidance Programme, Mosaik provides workshops in partnership with local stakeholders that equip youth with the skills and resources they need to search for and apply to tertiary education opportunities. The programme has been offered in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Mosaik works with facilitators from local communities to deliver learning material online and in person.
About the role
We are looking for Facilitators to implement our four-week online Guidance Programme sessions, for young people transitioning from high school to higher education.
- Reviewing the training materials for the Guidance Programme and a defined by the Mosaik team.
- Attending the four-hour\two-session TOT for facilitators of the Guidance Programme.
- Carrying out the outreach and contacting participants for data collection and registration.
- Preparing and facilitating the Guidance Programme’s seven sessions via the Moodle platform (two sessions per week, two hours per session).
- Facilitate and follow up on students’ WhatsApp groups.
- Follow up on and update the student attendance on the Moodle platform.
- Attending the facilitators’ weekly meetings with the Mosaik team (for one hour a week).
- Collecting students’ by-session assessments and their final feedback after wrapping up the course.
- Issuing and sharing students’ certificates and recommendation letters.
- Attending the After Action Review meeting.
Required skills and experience:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s degree) in any discipline.
- Experience in facilitating training programs for youth.
- Have knowledge of the various scholarships for refugees and how to apply for them.
- Experience in the field of Non-Profit Organizations, International Development sectors, education sectors, and/or youth sectors.
- Experience in working with and for refugees in the Middle East.
- Highly Organized, confident, decisive, and enthusiastic
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with participants and other team members.
- Ability to work and support to facilitate sessions and attend meetings remotely.
- Ability to commit and work according to the specified time frames.
- The ability to use the Moodle learning platform is preferred
Finalizing the implementation of one cohort of the Guidance Programme as described in the responsibilities.
The implementation period is estimated at 8-10 days working days during a period of one and a half months. Accordingly, we offer a volunteering contract of 500 USD.
How to Apply:
(Note: Please read the job description carefully before applying) For those who find themselves able and qualified to apply,
- Send your CV and cover letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line. (applications with another subject will be rejected)
- The last date for receiving applications is the 18th of March 2023
- No specific nationality is required for applicants.
- Only applicants who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.