Volunteer Opportunity: Guidance Programme Co-facilitator
Mosaik Education supports refugees to access higher education through academic guidance and skills programmes that are designed with and for the refugee community. Only 5 per cent of refugees have access to higher education, compared to 40 per cent of youth globally. Limited access to tertiary education opportunities limits youth’s potential to become self-reliant, integrate and contribute to their host communities, and help reconstruct their home country when and if they return.
Read this role description in Arabic اقرأ الوصف الوظيفي باللغة العربية
About the Guidance Programme
Through the Guidance Programme, Mosaik provides workshops in partnership with local stakeholders that equip youth with the skills and resources they need to search for and apply to tertiary education opportunities. The programme has been offered in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Mosaik works with facilitators from local communities to deliver learning material online and in person.
About the role
We are looking for a Co-facilitator to support the facilitation of four-week online Guidance Programme sessions for youth transitioning from high school to higher education. This job description aims to define the responsibilities and requirements for the Co-Facilitator role. Co-facilitators are either current students or graduates of a scholarship programme, or Guidance Workshop graduates who are now enrolled or completed tertiary education. Co-facilitators support the delivery of the Guidance Programme.
- Reviewing the programme’s training materials.
- Attending the four-hour\two-session TOT.
- Support in carrying out outreach and contacting participants for data collection and registration.
- Support implementing the Guidance Programme’s seven sessions via the Moodle platform (two sessions per week, two hours per session).
- Support in facilitating and following up on students’ WhatsApp groups.
- Follow up on and update the student attendance on the Moodle platform.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Mosaik team (for one hour a week).
- Support in collecting students’ by-session assessments and their final feedback after wrapping up the course.
- Support in sharing students’ certificates and recommendation letters.
- Attending the After Action Review meeting.
The estimated level of effort needed for this role is 40-50 hours over a six weeks period.
Required skills and experience:
- A current or graduated student from a scholarship programme (such as DAFI, WUSC, EDUSYRIA etc), or, a graduate of the Mosaik Guidance Programme who is enrolled or completed a tertiary education opportunity.
- Knowledge around scholarships for refugees and application processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with participants and other team members.
- Ability to support the facilitation of sessions and attend meetings remotely.
- Ability to commit and work according to the specified time frames.
- Previous volunteering, training, or facilitation experience is prefered.
- Fluent Arabic, intermediate or advanced English is desired.
- Volunteering hours were estimated at 40-50 hours over a six-week period.
- Expected accomplishments: To provide support in the implementation of one cohort of the Guidance Programme as described in the responsibilities above.
- A volunteering allowance of 130 USD to cover expenses associated with the role, including internet data allowance
How to Apply:
(Note: Please read the job description carefully before applying) For those who find themselves able and qualified to apply,
- Send your CV and cover letter to the following email: email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line “Guidance Programme Co-facilitator”. (applications with another subject will be rejected)
- The last date for receiving applications is the 18th of March 2023
- No specific nationality is required for applicants.
- Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.