Volunteer opportunity – Social Media Volunteer
Mosaik Education supports refugees to access higher education through academic guidance and skills programmes that are designed with the refugee community and leverage technology.
About the role
We are looking for a volunteer to support us in promoting our campaigns and building our online presence. This will include:
- Collating stories and profiles from Mosaik’s programmes
- Scheduling posts and monitoring Mosaik’s social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Growing the following of and interaction with Mosaik’s social media platforms
- Outreach to influencers and other campaign partners
- Contributing marketing and communication plans in collaboration with other volunteers
- Estimate of time needed: 3-6 hours a week for managing the social accounts, with the higher end of the range required during busy campaigns.
You are the volunteer we are looking for if you have: A passion for improving the lives of young people, education and/or improving opportunities for refugees
- Experience using marketing tools, including social media, to engage a range of audiences and promote causes
- Experience in copy editing/writing
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Experience working with charities working in humanitarian, refugee-focussed, education or Middle East-focussed charities a significant advantage
- Proven ability to use own initiative in identifying relevant information and content for campaign or communications output
What is in it for the volunteer
- The opportunity to shape the online presence and enhance support for an exciting young charity
- The opportunity to be involved in planning and fundraising for specific campaigns
- A CV booster
- Working with and learning from an ambitious, experienced and innovative team
How to apply
If you’re interested please send your CV and 250 words on your motivation for volunteering and how working with Mosaik could help you in your professional development/career to email@example.com by 14 January 2022.
We plan to review applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis, so early submission is highly encouraged!