Programme Assistant (Lebanon)
Today, only 1 percent of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 36 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities and to help reconstruct their country to make it when they return home.
Mosaik Education designs with the refugee community and leverages technology to support refugees accessing university through skills, guidance and finance programmes.
As a start-up charity Mosaik Education is working at the forefront of innovation and refugee education: are seeking to bring about a systemic change that empowers a community of refugees and civic society to shape and lead education through open models, technology, participatory design and community leadership.
We are looking for one exceptionally talented and highly motivated candidate to join our growing team as a Programme Assistant to support the expansion of our guidance activities in Lebanon. The Programme Assistant will work closely with the Programme Manager to set up, monitor and refine Mosaik’s Guidance Programme. This programme aims to support refugees to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate and access higher education opportunities, delivered in close cooperation with local community organisations and refugee-led student groups.
You will join a diverse, ambitious and talented team working to improve education opportunities for refugees. The role offers an excellent opportunity for recent graduates or junior professionals to learn and stretch themselves in a fast-moving, innovative organisation. Mosaik is also partnering and being advised by some of the world’s leading education professionals, researchers and innovators, who will become part of your team and mentors in your professional development.
- Recruiting and training of refugee students to take part in volunteer activities.
- Coordinating and providing logistical support for peer-to-peer activities, including student-led content creation, mentoring, and student meet-ups.
- Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, manage and support the planning and implementation of the guidance workshops.
- Performing monitoring field visits at local community centres and student activities.
- Identify, analyze and inform key processes and gaps in the implementation of the activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Collaboration with the Programme Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation coordinator and other stakeholders to plan and execute collection and analysis of data.
- Contributing to plans for future programme priorities and feed into the development of strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as international development, education, economics, sociology; Masters degree desirable.
- Proven ability to work independently, using your own initiative to adapt and problem solve with limited resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong drafting and reporting skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Experience of analysing, collating and reviewing data.
- Research skills: Confident working collaboratively in a remote team.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel is required.
- Knowledge of refugees/marginalised communities and working humanitarian context.
- Fluency in Arabic and English essential.
- Right to work in Lebanon.
Based in Lebanon.
Part-time contract (24 hours/week); £625/month (Mosaik does not provide health insurance); start mid-Sep 2019; 6 month contract, with potential for extension.
Get in touch
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 17 August 2019.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as applications will be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.