Freelance Photography and Production (individual or team)
Mosaik Education supports refugees to access higher education through academic guidance and skills programmes that are designed with the refugee community and leverage technology. Today, only 5 percent of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 40 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self-reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities, and to help reconstruct their home country when they return.
About the role
Mosaik Education seeks an experienced photographer and videographer based in Lebanon to capture and edit high quality visual content about Mosaik’s programmes. The Photographer will work with members of the Mosaik team programme and marketing team to plan video and still footage that documents Mosaik’s programmes and the stories of participants of our programmes.
We require a package of visual materials: x1 2 minute video that explains Mosaik’s programmes and student stories; approx 100 pictures documenting programme and profiling students. We anticipate that this assignment will require approximately 65 hours of work to plan, capture and edit footage.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with the marketing and programme team members to develop script-writing, storylines, shot lists, and treatments.
- Develop plans for photography that reflect visual asset brief and needs of the organisation;
- Capturing still images of programme participants and programme activities on location in Lebanon / Jordan
- Capturing video interviews with the Mosaik team, programme participants and B roll footage of activities
- Editing videos and photographs for use in marketing and programme materials
About you (or your team)
- Five or more years visual storytelling through photography and/or filmaking
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Experience of work with education, non-profit or humanitarian organisations an advantage
- Skills and experience using Adobe CS and video motion software such as Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Motion, or After Effects, Premiere and Prelude in an Apple Mac environment.
- Ability to work remotely to a flexible schedule
- Proven communication and collaboration skills working with small teams on a freelance basis
- Fluency in Arabic; working proficiency in English
- Based in Lebanon
How to apply
Please send a portfolio and a cover letter that detail how your experience is relevant to this project and your daily rate to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17 July 2022. Please include ‘Photographer’ in the title of the email. Please contact email@example.com for any informal inquiries prior to application.