Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Coordinator (part-time, consultancy)
Today, only 1% of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 36 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities and to help reconstruct their country to make it when they return home.
Mosaik Education designs with the refugee community and leverages technology to support refugees accessing university through skills, guidance and finance programmes.
Mosaik Education is working at the forefront of innovation in refugee education: we are seeking to bring about systemic change that empowers a community of refugees and civil society to shape and lead education through open education models, technology, participatory design and community leadership.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and highly motivated candidate to drive the use of data and analytics to improve our work. The role offers significant scope for an ambitious individual to innovate using their expertise. There is also potential for growth of the role and learning from a business development perspective, with a strategic research partnerships being a key part of the charity’s fundraising strategy.
You will join a diverse, ambitious and talented team working to improve education opportunities for refugees. Mosaik is also partnering and being advised by some of the world’s leading education professionals, researchers and innovators, who will also become part of your team and mentors in your professional development.
- Developing appropriate performance indicators and benchmarks and leading the management of a central data hub
- Working closely with the programme managers to coordinate data collection across the charity’s programmes
- Preparing regular MEL reports for donors, senior management team and board of trustees
- Raising awareness of MEL strategy and relevant data collection techniques throughout the Mosaik team, including the conducting of training and mentoring where appropriate
- Advising on strategic research partnerships with universities and foundations to ensure that the research design and focus aligns with Mosaik’s MEL strategy and theory of change
- A Master’s or higher degree in a relevant discipline such as international development, international education or development economics
- Sigifnicant experience designing frameworks and analysing data for evaluation and learning purposes in international development/humanitarian sectors
- Understanding and hands-on experience of meeting institutional donor requirements
- Social inclusion expertise to ensure that MEL processes are measuring any differences in outcomes according to gender, disability, economic background
- Experience of writing and editing research/evaluation reports and presenting findings in an engaging way
- Experience of UK and international higher education contexts, ideally with experience of research grant application processes
- Proven ability to deliver work independently, using your own initiative to adapt and problem solve with limited resourcesroven ability to deliver work independently, using your own initiative to adapt and problem solve with limited resources
- Confident working collaboratively in a remote team
- Eligible to work in the UK
the successful candidate will be able to work remotely, but would be expected to travel to London for regular meetings, as well as overseas travel abroad for approximately 5-10 days per year to monitor and review data collection processes.
start March-April 2019; 12 months consultancy contract; part-time 0.2 F/T equivalent or one day per week, with the potential to increase depending development of research partnerships over 2019. Salary 0.2 equivalent of £28,000 - £32,400 p/a depending on experience.
Get in touch
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Thursday 21 February.