E-Learning Content Lead
Today, only 1 percent of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 36 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities and to help reconstruct their country to make it when they return home.
Mosaik Education designs with the refugee community and leverages technology to support refugees accessing university through skills, guidance and finance programmes.
Mosaik Education is working at the forefront of innovation in refugee education: we are seeking to bring about systemic change that empowers a community of refugees and civil society to shape and lead education through open education models, technology, participatory design and community leadership. You will join a diverse, ambitious and talented team working to improve education opportunities for refugees.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and highly motivated candidate to design and manage the online content of our Guidance Programme. Mosaik Guidance Programme aims to support refugees to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate and access higher education opportunities, all of which are delivered in close cooperation with local community organisations and refugee-led student groups. As part of this programme and In collaboration with local community organisations, Mosaik delivers a series of ‘blended’ academic guidance workshops that use interactive online content hosted on MoodleCloud.
You will be part of a team, tightly collaborating with the lead content creator and with the programme manager. You are expected to:
- lead the management of the online learning management system (MoodleCloud)
- create guides and other documents in Arabic such as tutorials and activity sheets for the participants, and training material for the facilitators and the peer mentors
- contribute to the identification of relevant OERs (Open Educational Resources) to be included in the curriculum
- provide remote support to local partners during the student onboarding process (on the web and using the mobile phone)
- support the use of collaborative tools such as forums and virtual meetings
- provide timely technical support to the users as they access the platform during the delivery of the program
- review and edit content and local facilitator training following initial implementation of the programme
- report to the programme manager and provide statistics on the use of the LMS
- You hold a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as in Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional Design, International Development or other related fields.
- Significant experience in designing and delivering online and blended learner-centered learning programs for audiences with limited IT literacy and limited connectivity.
- Knowledge of the principles of learning including adult learning, experiential learning, participatory methods, and Socio-constructivism.
- Significant experience in LMS administration, specifically, creating and managing content on Moodle and managing participant.
- Experience in multimedia production, graphic design, is a significant advantage.
- Confident working collaboratively in a remote team.
- Confident working to deadlines under pressure.
- Professional fluency in Arabic and English essential.
- Experience of education programming in for refugees/marginalised communities in a development/ humanitarian context is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of the challenges facing refugees in accessing higher education a significant advantage.
Consultancy contract: equivalent of 0.4 equivalent of F/T for up to 4 months, with potential for extension; to start ASAP.
Get in touch
Apply by 12 April by submitting a cover letter, CV and consultancy day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org; talented candidates are encouraged to submit applications ASAP for early review.