Online Course Developer
Mosaik Education supports refugees to access higher education through academic guidance and skills programmes that are designed with the refugee community and leverage technology. We are seeking to bring about systemic change that empowers a community of refugees and civil society to shape and lead education through open resources, technology and participatory design.
Today, only 3 percent of eligible refugees have access to higher education, compared to 37 percent of global youth. This limits their potential to become self-reliant, integrate and contribute in their host communities, and to help reconstruct their home country when they return.
About the role
Mosaik is recruiting a group of consultant Online Course Developers to lead the design and development of Mosaik’s online learning materials. We are seeking to build a small roster of Online Course Developers with a range of skills to cover several projects. It is anticipated that this work will cover a the development of at least four short courses over 2021, including Massive Online Open Courses and Small Private Online Courses. This is a remote role, although it is preferable for the candidates to be based within +/- 5 hours of GMT.
This role will work closely with the Mosaik programme teams and subject matter experts to identify requirements, learning objectives, writing storyboards and use content development tools, including Rise and Storyline, to create high quality online learning materials. Tasks will include:
- Work with the subject matter expert, video editor, illustrator and stakeholders to shape the analysis, design, and development phases of the content development lifecycle.
- Coordinate, and review educational content, gather information and course elements, create knowledge checks and any other necessary educational materials.
- In collaboration with the instructional design expert, develop the course content in Articulate Studio 360 and implement it in the client’s LMS
- Work collaboratively with the learning & development team and consult with stakeholders to understand content and learning objectives to recommend design/visual solutions and ensure they are compatible with the LMS.
- Review and shape the design documents for courseware, ensuring that it clearly outlines the scope and depth of each topic area being covered, and that delivery approaches are clearly identified.
- Work collaboratively with content developers, to produce a high level of quality of its visual, informational, and learning designs.
- Participate in the selection and deployment of appropriate and useful evaluation approaches, synthesize that feedback, and use it to identify performance gaps in courseware. Help content developers use that information to improve content going forward.
- Manage content production project timeline, milestones and deadlines.
Essential experience and qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience designing e-learning course and digital resources
- Bachelor and/or master degree in instructional design technology, computer science, data science, communication, education or related field.
- Knowledge of SCORM specifications
- Experience in e-learning authoring tools, preferably Articulate Studio360 Demonstrated success at designing and developing engaging asynchronous and synchronous virtual programs and performance solutions for all levels of learners with experience in a MOOC environment
- Familiarity with LMS platforms (or Experience with a Learning Management System as a developer or administrator)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts to design innovative and engaging e-learning materials.
- A high degree of initiative with demonstrated project management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to work with a remote team and respond to the needs of an Education in Emergencies Context
- A passion for creating high quality learning materials and improving the educational opportunities of refugees at scale.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- Experience in working in the Education in Emergencies (EiE) context
- Experience building content in a wide variety of eLearning tools i.e., Camtasia, Kahoot, Powtoon, Visme, Vimeo, Articulate Storyline, Captivate Etc
- eLearning publishing experience
- Industry releevant certifications in Instructional Design, content development, design thinking
- Experience with HTML and audio and video editing software preferred
- Arabic language skills - this will be required for some but not all projects, so Mosaik will be seeking to hire a mix of consultants with different language skills.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV and, if possible, a sample of your work to email@example.com, along with your proposed consultancy day rate by ** 15 April 2021.** We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so early application is encouraged
The anticipated start date for the first content development is June 2021 - the exact start date will be confirmed by the end of April 2021.